Engineering Career in india
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of Independent India embarked on massive programmes of industrialization and technological development. He inaugurated the first indigenous Steel Plant at Bhillai and the Chittaranjan Locomotive Factory in West Bengal and called them, ‘The Temples of Modern India’. The scope of jobs for well trained engineers is all-encompassing with the rapid industrialization and an expanding economy. Lucrative job opportunities are open in almost all fields of manufacturing and technical enterprises.
Eligibility, Entrance Exams and Courses:
Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE)
IIT-JEE is one of the most important entrance examinations for the Engineering, Technology, Design, Architecture and Planning.
A candidate must meet each of the following conditions:
- He/she can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.
- He/she should have passed (10+2) or equivalent qualifying examination in 2021 or should be appearing in 2022, and secure at least 60% (55% for SC/ST & Physically disabled )
- Minimum age limit of 25 yrs as on 1st October (30 yrs for SC/ST and PD candidates).
EAMCET – Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test
Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET), Andhra Pradesh is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Hyderabad.
- Candidates should have passed or appeared for the final year of Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional or related vocational courses in the fields of Engineering and Technology, conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh along with bridge course or courses conducted by it for candidates enrolled during 2001-2003 and subsequent batches.
- For Engineering course, candidates should have completed 16 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission. There is no upper age limit.
Top Colleges for Courses in Chemical Engineering:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences, Pilani
- Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli.
- Motilal Nehru Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
- R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore
Career Opportunities and Job Prospects:
Engineers can work in any manufacturing, technical or design unit, be it petroleum refinery, a gas plant, fertilizer industry, synthetic material industry, food processing, pharmaceuticals and energy industries. Lucrative job opportunities are open in every production unit all over the country. Also, highly paid jobs are available in the Gulf countries.
Salaries depend on the type of engineering specialty and standing of the company. Remuneration for basic fields in Civil and Mechanical engineering is lesser than advanced fields like Aeronautical or Marine engineering. Indian companies offer Junior Engineers a starting salary of about Rs 20,000/- pm.
MNCs and reputed companies offer starting salary of Rs 25,000/- to Rs 30,000/- pm depending on the qualifications and specialization of the candidates. Salaries of engineers deputed to the Gulf countries go up to Dirhams/Dinars 15,000 pm plus perks.
Industrial Engineering Career
Manufacturing Engineering Career
Forensic Science and Engineering Career
Telecommunication Engineering Career
Mining Engineering Career
Ocean Engineering Career
Structural Engineering Career
Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering Career
Biochemical Engineering Career
Biological Engineering Career
Agricultural Engineering Career
Architectural Engineering Career
Water Engineering Career
Electronics Engineering Career
Nuclear Engineering Career
Financial Engineering Career
Computer Hardware Engineering Career
Automobile Engineering Career
Electrical Engineering Career
Marine Engineering Career
Biomedical Engineering Career
Civil Engineering Career
Mechanical Engineering Career
Software Engineering Career
Software Engineering and Computer Science Career
Chemical Engineering Career
Aeronautical Engineering Career
Brewing Engineering Career
Aerospace Engineering Career
Computer Network Engineering Career
Environmental Engineering Career
Engineering Consultancy Career